• Welcome to droqen's forum-shaped notebook. Please log in.

The Creative Act: A Way of Being

Started by droqen, August 15, 2023, 04:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

droqen

It is a shame that a story has a beginning that must flow through to an end, and it is a shame that an anthology has less atemporal connective tissue than a story in most cases.

I want a flat field of deeply equal interpretation.

droqen

That is the quality possessed by this book.

droqen

Self-Doubt

QuoteThere are singers considered among the best in the world who can't bring themselves to listen to their own voice. And these are not rare exceptions. Many artists in different arenas have similar issues. . . . Still, many continue to share their work . . . It's as if they have no other choice. Being an artist is who they are, and they are made whole through self-expression. . . .  We are not obligated to follow this calling . . . We're not being ordered to do this. If we'd rather not do it, let's not do it.

I have my ongoing doubts about games, and game-making, and I wonder if this is of a kind with these other issues. I don't think games as a whole, videogames that is, have a necessarily constructive effect on society, on humanity. I would never ask someone not to make games, but I often think that I should not, that I ought to be doing something else.

But, I am made whole through it.