• Welcome to droqen's forum-shaped notebook. Please log in.

Chocolat de Kat

Started by droqen, December 01, 2023, 06:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

droqen

We got the advent calendar. Very good. Maybe I'll review each day's chocolate?

droqen

Macadamia Praline
Quote from: Shelley* First it was sweet, nice texture, crunch, smooth
* Then it was, wait, really sophisticated chocolate or nut tasting
* And then a little spark of salt came in
* And then something else I forgot
* Then it all melted together! Every single component melted together with my spit
* Yum yum yum yum yum.
* I'm gonna cry! It was so good

droqen

Mint Hot Choco
Quote from: ShelleyThis is the first chocolate I've had where the flavour of mint... blends with the flavour of chocolate... instead of, here's mint, and here's chocolate. You can actually call this, "minty chocolate."

droqen

Maple Pecan Pie
Not Shelley's thing, but i loved it! The combination of maple and pecan tasted very familiar, very rich, not overly sweet. As with the previous chocos, the flavours feel very distinct and i felt a sense of moving between them through time... I'll need to note the order next time...

droqen

Earl Grey
Yep, tastes like Earl Grey
Quote from: ShelleyDoesn't taste like weed
Yeah, Earl Grey stuff always has a kind of marijuana-y flavour to us... this was good though.

Opera Cake
I've never had an opera cake. It had a really almond-y, dark flavour. Not that much depth this time?
Quote from: ShelleyI don't think it captures 'opera' but it's a damn good round ball thing

droqen

Orange Twist
(We don't remember it.)

Montblanc
Quote from: ShelleyJapanese ppl don't know what a Montblanc tastes like
We only had montblanc in Japan and it was weird. This tasted nothing like that.
Quote from: ShelleyThere was something sparkly in the Montblanc, and a lot of really thin swirl layers. I don't know how they did it.

Caramel Corn
Omg this one was so great. It was caramelly and had a little bit of saltiness to it, just a bit. Shelley got a crunchy part. I'm jealous :(
P.S. the decor on this one was weird... it looked like a perfectly yellow thing that a bird had pooped on
Quote from: ShelleyIt was nice. Nothing to gasp about.

Berry Streusel
Quote from: ShelleyTastes like a Christmas wreath with the little berries. There's spices like cinnamon or something. I don't like it.
I love this one, it's very refreshing

droqen

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel
omg... it's like the best gingerbread I've ever had

droqen

Key lime pie
Quote from: ShelleyReminds me of the TVA
Mmm! It's good! This is the right amount of really good pie to eat, not a whole slice, just a single delicious bite

droqen

Salted Caramel
Quote from: ShelleyIt's the first salted caramel I've had where there's no salt crystal crunch, the saltiness is incorporated into the liquid

droqen

Cookie Butter Crunch
Quote from: Shelley*makes a face* It taste like hazelnut or something. (Is it good?) No... I mean... I don't like it. Reminds me of something. I can't place it.

Chestnut, maybe?

The little crunchies are really tiny, like wafer. It's not crunch, more like... air collapsing, which is what wafers are.

droqen

Plum Pudding
Quote from: ShelleyWhy it taste alcoholic? Like marinated bread in a bowl? There's cinnamon or something. It tastes bad. *blech*
Pretty impressive that they got this flavour profile into a choco though, wow. Not my fav.

droqen

Oh no they got oversoftened.

Salted Pistachio Praline
Quote from: ShelleyPretty very pistachio! Tastes like authentic pistachio.

Champagne
Quote from: ShelleyI crushed it.
Also, I took the entire bottom.
... :( *not happy face*
Why it so boozy?
Tastes like a booze chocolate

droqen

passion sesame praline

A burst of passion fruit! And then... a descent into sesame... honestly an insane flavour combination

droqen

Rum Nog
It's not that boozy! It's good! I don't know what this flavour is though
Quote from: Shelleyhate it, there's something cinnamon or nutmeg in there. There's a warmth in my mouth afterwards

droqen

Yuzu Hot Toddy

We don't know what a hot toddy is.

Quote from: shelleymm! ... Eugh!!! It's like, mm, nice yuzu. And then, EUGH, what's this disgusting alcohol flavour???