• Welcome to droqen's forum-shaped notebook. Please log in.

Vessel 9 -- Cyberattack on the toronto public library

Started by droqen, November 03, 2023, 05:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

droqen

Who would do such a thing? The library's website... where I go to check my holds on books that I want to read... the library, a shining bastion of light...

:(

QuoteToronto Public Library Website Update
Friday, November 3, 5:00 pm: We are actively addressing a cyber security incident that came to our attention on Saturday, October 28.

As a result of the incident, the following services are unavailable: tpl.ca, "your account", tpl:map passes and digital collections. Public computers and printing services at our branches are also unavailable.

Branches are open as scheduled. Wifi is available in library branches, and branch telephone lines are working. Materials can be borrowed and returned in branches until further notice.

There continues to be no evidence at this time that the personal information of our staff or customers has been compromised.

TPL has proactively prepared for cybersecurity issues and promptly initiated measures to mitigate potential impacts. We have engaged with third-party cybersecurity experts and law enforcement to help us in resolving this situation.

Based on our progress to date, we anticipate that it will take a week or more before all systems are fully restored to normal operations. However, we expect that some services will be brought back online before then.

We will update this page as more information becomes known. We appreciate all the words of support that we've received, and thank you for your patience and understanding while we do everything we can to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.